05 June 2011

June: 5 on the Fifth

It's Post Time


Hi everyone!

I know I missed this last month.  Sorry about that.  I was busy and didn't have time to take pictures to share with you.  Please forgive me.  I hope you enjoy my pictures for this month.

We were supposed to look at new things.  Since the weather was getting warmer, my Daddy and Papa have been outside more often.  They don't take me out all the time, so sometimes I have to watch from the windows.  I don't know why they don't want me outside with them.  They say I get in the way sometimes when II follow them around.  They say my pee pee kills anything and everything it touches.  I'm not sure what that means, but I don't think it sounds very nice.  I don't try to kill things.  I just have to pee sometimes.

But I did get to walk around and see some new things growing.  Baby plants.  So I thought I would feature some new babies that I found in our yard.  I'll try to remember not to pee on them, so Daddy won't get mad at me.

This is a picture of what Papa calls a Spirea.  He says it grew from seed in the middle of a wall.  There are lots of them around the yard.  Papa says that's lucky because that means the plants are happy when they have babies.  I can see them from the lower part of the yard where I usually go poo poo.  Papa told me not to pee on these plants.  They are in a wall, so I can't go poo poo on them.  I don't think I'd want to do it anyway.  I like their color.
Spirea plant growing out of a brick wall.
This is one of Papa's favorite plants.  He says I almost killed it last year because both my brother and I peed on it.  Apparently, it was a favorite spot for both of us.  I can't really remember that, but I suppose Papa would not lie.  Anyway, he says that it used to be a much larger plant but we kept peeing on it.  Then some of the leaves started to disappear.  Papa got angry and dug it out of the ground.  He moved it to a flower bed that neither of us can pee on anymore.  This spring, it came up like this.  Papa was very happy.
Hosta growing in a garden bed.
Here is a picture of ferns that grew wild in the yard.  Papa says that the ferns in the fern garden have something he calls spores.  I guess they are different from seeds.  These spores have to have a lot of water in order to grow into a plant somehow.  I guess we have a spot that is wet at the right times because all these little ferns grew from these spores right in the middle of the yard.  Well, not really int he middle.  Now, Daddy is protecting them and he gets angry if I go over there.  Papa let me take a picture of them.  But I am not supposed to pee on them.
Ferns growing in the yard.
 Now these little plants grew from seeds that Daddy planted in the garden with the vegetables.  It's a raised garden to keep my brother and I out of it.  But both of us can get in there.  The other day Nicky was in there and Daddy yelled at him about it.  I can very easily jump in there, and it really looks like a nice place to pee.  But I won't because I know I am not supposed to be in there, or pee in there.  Papa says these little plants are called Marigolds.
Marigolds growing from seed in the garden.
This last picture is of flower seeds Daddy planted in these little plastic dish or cup things.  They are very wierd and make a really strange noise when you touch them.  Daddy filled each little hole with some dirt and put seeds in them.  And these are what grew.  Daddy called them Morning Glories.  What a cool name.  They are not in a place where I can pee, even if I wanted to do it.  It's tempting, because the plastic boxes smell funny.  But I won't do it.  Papa wouldn't like it.
Morning glories growing from seeds.
Those are my 5 pictures for this month.  I hope you enjoyed them.

Keep your tail up and wagging!
-Katie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing me a taste of spring. Great shots!

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    A quick reminder to say that the next '5 on the fifth' is a few days away.

    This months sees the 25th month of this little photo challenge.

    Hope you can take part.


    Stephen

    http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/2011/06/july.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you liked my story. Please tell me what you think.