21 May 2011

Don't let these dreams be their last ones.

It's Post Time

Hi everyone.   My Papa showed me a video after we came back from our walk this afternoon.  It was so sad.  He was talking to me about whether or not I would like another brother or sister. Now, to tell you the truth, I am not sure I can handle someone else besides Nicky.  I mean he is really a handful for me.  He's always on me.  and I don't like it very much.

Yesterday, we all went to the doctor's for our annual check up.  I was fine, of course.  So was Nicky. But I saw another greyhound like me who was there.  He was much bigger than me and very handsome.  I wanted to be his friend, but he was a little shy.  His Momma told me that he had been picked on by other dogs at the track.  He was a racer, too.  It was sad to think that this beautiful puppy had been picked on so badly by other dogs, and very likely, his humans, too.  At least, his humans were not there to protect him.  Anyway, I was sad for this puppy and tried to make friends with him.  Eventually, he came around.  They always do.  Papa tells me I am irresistible.  I just have to wag my tail and people just love me!

So I got to thinking about having another brother or sister.  And I think that if Nicky is OK with it, I will be, too.  But I think there will be a lot of convincing having to happen before he comes around and accepts it.  He's just not that nice a guy.  He was picked on very badly by his original humans.  You would think her would forget that stuff by now.  But we never, do.  I still have pictures in my mind from my racing days.  They weren't all bad ones.  But some made me feel very bad.  I was treated like I didn't matter much.  Remember, I told you I didn't like to run ahead of the other dogs.  I like to run with them.  It's more fun being part of the pack than running ahead of it.

But there are so many dogs in shelters now.  They are all getting over crowded.  If you have room in your home and heart for another puppy, please consider adopting one soon.  They are all waiting.  Some won't get the chance to wait much longer.

Here is the video Papa showed me.  It makes both of us cry.  I don't want it to make you cry, but I do hope it helps you open your heart a bit more.  Please...


Here is another one that isn't as sad, but still very good.



Thanks for listening to me talk about adoption.  It really is important to me that every puppy gets a chance.  No one wanted me in my first home, but I found a wonderful place to be and I am very happy.  All the pictures in my mind's photo album are really happy ones now.  And it is all because someone like you cared enough to take action.

Keep your tail up and wagging!
-Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get a brother/sister :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first video made me cry when it got to the end and the words about the dream came up-made me think of Guinness and I did cry, wishing it was a dream and I'd wake up to him watching me as he always did.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you liked my story. Please tell me what you think.