12 September 2010

Out of the Box

It's Post Time

Hi everyone.  I want to welcome you to my new blog.

I had so much fun writing stories for my Papa's blog that I wanted to try this myself.  My family is very supportive of my blogging and always encourage me to do the very best I can.

I think that I will blog about my wonderful life and all that I experience at home.  I am so lucky to be here with a family that loves me and accepts me for who I am.  Papa is going to give me the two stories I wrote on his blog so I can post them here.  So I am sorry that the next two posts will be stuff you might have already read.  But I did want to keep all my stories together.  That's the way I like it.


But I wasn't always this comfortable and this loved.  When I was just a puppy, things were different.   I used to live in a big building with lots of other greyhounds.  There were people there who used to treat us OK, but not great.  We got lots of food and water, whenever we needed it.  But there wasn't much love and tummy rubs.  We were made to race each other.  We had to chase this stuffed rabbit around a track.  Now I love to run, I really do.  It's one of my favorite things to do.  But I didn't like to chase after the rabbit.  It was stupid.  And I didn't like the way the people yelled at us if we didn't win the race.  It seemed a little silly.  I mean there were 8 of us in the race and we were all chasing just one rabbit.  We couldn't even catch the rabbit.  We didn't even have to.  All we had to do was cross the finish line first.  Well that didn't seem like fun to me.  Only 1 out of the 8 could cross the finish line first.  The odds weren't fair.  Plus, we were supposed to push and shove other dogs out of the way.  I didn't think that was such a very good idea.  I mean, have you ever been running very fast, as fast as you could, and tried to push someone out of the way?  It's hard.  Plus, if you don't do it just right, you could fall or trip over one of the other dogs that were running fast, too.  I didn't want to trip and hurt myself or any of the other dogs.  I love to run, but I didn't want to hurt anyone.  So I wouldn't do it.  I just ran fast, but didn't push my way to the front.  


After not even one year, the people decided that I wasn't fast enough to be a racer.  And here is where I got very lucky.  Some people who own racing dogs just do very mean things to their dogs if they don't win races.  They stare them, or beat them, or even worse.  It's very bad.  They do very mean things to these dogs.  But some people give the dogs to other people to try to find them homes.  And that's what happened to me.  That's how I got here.  That's why I was lucky.
Many other dogs, just don't make it. They die because nobody loves them and they can't find anybody to love them.


It's true.  I was very lucky.  I went to two shelters before I met my daddy and papa.  And they took me and loved me.And so here I am, to tell you all about it.  I hope that you'll enjoy reading my stories and that you will leave me comments in the box below. 

I am working on trying to install a gadget that will allow you to give me treats.  But I can't find one.  So you'll have to hold onto the cookies until I find a way for you to get them to me.



Bye for now.
Keep your tail up and wagging!
-Katie

3 comments:

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you liked my story. Please tell me what you think.