05 December 2010

December 5 on the 5th

It's Post Time
Wow!  It's been two whole months since I wrote something.  My family has been very busy with all kinds of things, so Papa hasn't had a lot of time to help me write any stories for you.  Plus, I have been so busy moving from comfy places on my couches and beds, that I just can't seem to find the time to do anything, let alone write.


from Stephen's Blog: State of the Nation: UK

But I do like to take pictures, so I try to have something on the fifth for pictures.  papa was able to help me reach the higher places, but I was able to choose the pictures I wanted to show you.  This month's theme is faces, I remember.  And Daddy put up some of the holiday trees with all the shiny ornaments.  I decided to share some of the holiday ornaments that had faces on them.  Sometimes I did not understand what I was looking at, but Papa helped me out and told me what they were. 

So here are my 5 pictures of faces on the 5th of December.  Hope you like them.

Here is #1.   I like this ornament the best because it was a little doggy like me.  Papa told me his name is Snoopy.  Papa used to hang Snoopy in his car when he was in school. Snoopy and Papa have been together for a very long time.  Now, he hangs on one of the trees each year for the holidays.


This is #2.  I liked this little man.  He has glasses like Papa and se sort of reminded me of my Papa.  Papa says he's been around for a very long time, too.  He never was hanging in the car, but he has been on the holiday trees for many seasons.



This is #3.  This is a strange little man that Daddy says is called Santa Claus.  Santa brings toys to good girls and boys during the holidays.  If I am a good girl, then Santa will bring me a good present that I can enjoy.  I hope it's a chewy bone, or a new squeaky toy.  I bit all my squeak toys too hard and Papa says that's why they don't make noise anymore.  So I hope I get squeaky toy for Christmas.



This one is #4.  He's a soldier man.  Papa says he's a representation of a nutcracker.  Papa says people can't just bite their nuts open like I can.  They have to use tools to get them open.  I don't know why they don't just bite down really hard.  I can break lots of things if I do that, even nuts.  But Papa says that nuts are too hard for humans.  He says these nutcracker machines are used around the holidays because people serve nuts to guests as a special treat.  I guess nuts were not always as easy to get as they seem to be now.  Daddy even can get them without any shells at all.  So this nutcracker ornament sort of confuses me...just a bit.




For #5, my last picture, I took another picture of Santa.  I chose this one because it's completely different from the other Santa picture I took.  That was strange.  Both Santa's have white fur on their head and face, and that's where the similarities end.  One Santa is very thin, the other is fatter.  This Santa is wearing green, while the other is wearing red.  I don't know how you can tell they are both Santa.  I guess maybe Santa doesn't wear a uniform of some kind.  I used to have to wear a uniform when I raced.  But they weren't always the same colors or numbers on them.  So I guess I understand that you just have to know who Santa is.  You can't tell by his uniform.


Well, that's all the pictures I have for faces.  Maybe I will share one picture of me, so you can see me.  This is one of my favorite places.  I am on my couch in the living room. 


Hope you all have a nice holiday season and get plenty of squeaky toys to play with.

Keep your tail up and wagging!
-Katie

3 comments:

  1. Great Katie picture. Hope you get your chewy and a squeaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your 5 for December and added with to the list...

    http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/2010/12/day-5-five-on-fifth-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea to shoot ornaments! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you liked my story. Please tell me what you think.