14 April 2011

Silence is Golden on April 15th




It's Post Time
Papa told me that tomorrow, April 15th, is a day to be silent to support young children who are bullied. Tommorrow is the National Day of Silence. Each year, this national event event brings attention to the suffering in silence that GLBTQ youth have to endure each and every day. GLBTQ youth are most commonly the targets of systematic mental and physical bullying and abuse from peers and our communities at large. The bullying has to stop. The hatred and fear being spread by those without empathy or acceptance has to stop.

I promise to be silent all day tomorrow to support this day and the children who suffer at the hands of bullies.  I have seen bullies when I was racing.  I understand what it's like.  I will be silent for you tomorrow.

Can I count on you to be silent tomorrow as well?  What can we all do to end the silence?

Day of Silence

Stop Bullying from the US Departments of Health and Human Services, Education, and Justice.
http://www.stopbullying.gov/
Keep your tail up and wagging!
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you liked my story. Please tell me what you think.